Georg Fischer Central Plastics (GFCP) pipe and fabrication group boasts one of the largest lines of HDPE Pipe and Fabricated products on the market. With sizes ranging from 1/2“ to 54“, we are sure to have the right product for your needs. The GFCP pipe and fab team is dedicated to providing high quality pipe, fittings and fabrications made to your specification, delivered on time, at a competitive cost. Every item, both small and large, is equally important to our customers and our goal is to satisfy your needs by supplying defect free products and services on time, every time.
Quality fabrications are the corner stone to your success!
Pre-Fabrication of pipe spools from GF Central Plastics provide a proven solution for reducing field installation costs while providing the highest of quality in the products fabricated.
GF Central Plastics is equipped with the required infrastructure and competency in personnel to facilitate the fabrication of large spools up to 54in. diameter and 50ft. long. Expertise in fabrication means that no matter how complex the quality of the finished product not only meets, but exceeds acceptable industry standards.
Advantages of Pre-fabrication
- Quality of the work is easier to manage & maintain in a controlled environment. High accuracies on specified tolerances will avoid rework at site.
- Weather independent fabrication will minimize production delays.
- Manufacturing in dedicated production facility, will result in lower manufacturing costs compared with on-site fabrication.
- A controlled production environment allows for better control of welding parameters and results in lower risk of costly rework at the project site.
- Lesser dependency on field power, avoiding unnecessary time delays and power generation costs.
- Fabricating spools off site means reduced contamination of fabrications intended for use in food processing or other industries that utilize clean environments for product production.
Disadvantages of Field Fabrication
- Weather is arguably the biggest deterrent. If the facility under construction is not enclosed then protection from the elements will have to be provided.
- When welding has to be done in conditions that are not environmentally controlled then pre-heating will be required if the ambient temperature (not the metal surface temperature) is 0° F or below.
- In a new facility, as opposed to having to route piping through an array of poorly located existing pipe and equipment, field fabrication of buttwelded pipe is not as efficient and cost effective as shop fabrication.
- Concerns about safety and efficiency when working in a facility while it is in operation in advance of a turnaround or to begin advance work on a plant expansion.
Advantages of HDPE over alternative materials
- Corrosion Resistance
- Light Weight
- Multiple Jointing Options
- Hydraulic Efficiency
- Long Service Life
- Impact Resistance
- 100% Leak-Free Restrained Joints
- Flexibility of Design
- Environmental Protection
- Chemical Resistance
- Cost Effectiveness
- Abrasion Resistance
- High Strength
- Long-term Durability
Types of Fabrications
- Mining Header Manifold
- Aquarium Projects
- WYE Dropdeck load
- WYE and Outfall Header
- Pipe Expansion Joint
- Water Stops
- Flared Industrial Drain
- Reducing Lateral WYE
- WYE Header
Size Range and Handling
- Minimum Diameters: 1/2 inch - 2 inch
- Maximum Diameters: 54" IPS main lines
- Maximum Assembly Dimensions: 50 ft. L X 8.5 ft. W X 8.0 ft. T (determined by truck loading limits)
- Loads wider than 102" will require special permitting
Applicable Fabricated Product Standards
- ASTM F713
- ASTM D2513
- ASTM D3350
- ASTM D3261
- ASTM F2206
- AWWA C901/C906
- Factory Mutual (FM) Approved
- Adherence to industry accepted Qualified Fabrication Standards
- The spools, headers, sub-assemblies, components and fittings are all QC'd & made from correct pipe wall thicknesses to assure full operating pressure rating for the system design life, versus possible on-site confusion from limited availability pipe wall-thicknesses, resulting in improper fabrications
- Quality fabrications made by internally trained workers, who are a step above ordinary butt-fusion machine operators, due to the math requirements to compute and accurately fuse complex lengths and angles and geometry
- Spools are fabricated offsite such that existing operations are not impacted.
- All products manufactured within QAM and QAP's, as outlined by strict adherence to an ISO-9000 Approved Quality Assurance System, as opposed to field fabrication circumstances
Design & Engineering Assistance
- Confirmation (calculation) of Branch-Saddle Tee Reinforcement: Full Pressure (WPR)
- Assistance with Design of fully pressure rated fabricated Assemblies.
- Basic Design Drawing of pressure component fittings.
- Quotation of Standard and Custom Fabricated Assemblies
Research and Development
- New OEM fittings.
- New Plastic Pipe and Fittings Manufacturing Processes.
- New Plastic Pipe and Pipe Applications.
- Validation Testing of Metallic Components on HDPE Pipe.
Expert Technical Assistance
- Brief Basic Discussions of Polyethylene Pipe and Fittings Design.
- Development of Customized Technical Notes for specific applications.
- Fittings Recommendations and Transitions Connections.
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Texas
- Expert Witness/Court Testimony/Depositions/Technical Litigation Support on Plastic Pipe.
- Project Consulting and Engineering Design Analysis.
- Project Proposals and Their Presentation.
- Water Distribution System Conversion to HDPE from PVC & DI.
- HDPE Distributor Training.
- HDPE Pipe Project Proposals.
- Marine Outfall Design Specialist.
- Product Testing and Analysis, New Product Standards Development.
Fabricated Fittings Catalog
- Full Catalog (PDF | 3.3 MB)
- Elbows (PDF | 438.3 kB)
- Tees (PDF | 205.1 kB)
- Wyes (PDF | 187.1 kB)
- Crosses (PDF | 145.3 kB)
- Reducers (PDF | 127.9 kB)
- Branch Saddles (PDF | 154 kB)
- End Caps (PDF | 129.2 kB)
- Water Stops (PDF | 136.9 kB)
- Flange Adapters (PDF | 209.7 kB)
- Stub Ends (PDF | 153 kB)
- Butterfly Spacers (PDF | 108.4 kB)
- Blind Flanges (PDF | 131.2 kB)
- Flange Backup Rings (PDF | 201.6 kB)